Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reflection: Engineering Impact

Through CTE and as future engineers we should become conscious of the power and outlet we have to create an impact on our environment. Engineers are given the task of researching issues and create a solution therefore teaching should surround the ongoing environmental issues we are experiencing both at a local and global level. Humans have engineered the environment to fit their needs but it is time to make a change and transition to a mutualistic relationship where we engineer for the benefit of both the environment and human society. Engineering is a very broad field that easily allows for most engineers to find a place in which they can generate change for instance, mechanical engineers working in clean and renewable energy, chemical engineers creating sustainable products and environmental engineers finding historically different waste for waste management. In remembering our code of ethics we must assume the problems that arise from ignoring  environmental damage occurring, therefore, we must acknowledge the change we can make as the future pool of engineers through our education in relevant issues. 

I agree with your statement and i currently think the engineering commuity is working on diffent ways to solve that issue in particular.Exxon is working with alge energy michigan state recently added a new sourse to detroit zoo using animal excroment fumes to power the zoo. many are creating modern soutions so our eniverment probleem.Going foreward there are other issues to adress and impove upon as engineers always have.In the Grand challeges of engineering the 4 main areas of focus are medical advancement tech, learning to engineer new things like the brain and virtual reality and of envirmental conservaion methods.Oveall i agree however there are also other things to focus on also for the engeineering commuity now and the future.

Sign In to comment