Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Students write us about the following questions:

1.) the length of the program.
2.) The tuition
3.) Some are in high school so they write us about courses they must take before they enroll and other requirements.
4.) We get questions about housing as well.

I refer the FA questions to our Financial Aid director.

Prospective students are concerned with job placement, their ability to susceed. I will be sure that all available information is told to them.

Shirley,

The School Performance Fact Sheets required by the state will certainly help you do this.

Donna Guisado

During the tour process we stop by each department and I make a point out of explaining how and what that department may be able to help the prospective student with in the future. I find that our open-door-policy allows the prospective student to address any concerns with the appropriate department during the first appointment. I believe this allows them to feel comfortable doing so from that point on.

During our first meeting in the tour process we stop by each department and I make a point out of explaining how and what that department may be able to help the prospective student with in the future. I find that our open-door-policy allows the prospective student to address any questions or concerns with the appropriate department

Dale,

I love that you do this! It really does make a difference to the students to know where all of the different departments that are here to help them succeed are located. You are 100% correct about it making them feel comfortable.

Donna Guisado

Most of the prospective student ask about how much they would make after graduating and getting a job, now i know i need to pull of the official wages fact sheet to show them how much our students that finish the program could make.

rudy,

Yes, you have to be cautious about what you tell the students in this regard. Never promise! I'm sure you know that already, but you must supply all the information that the student is asking for.

Donna Guisado

The most common questions are always:How much, How long,Do you have financial aid, Will you get me a job? What I have learned in this module just refortified all the practices that I aready use. My institution makes sure we are always with in compliance.

Marvin,

This is great to hear. These questions are the same things students are asking EVERY school...and as long as you give them the honest answer, being mindful that we can never promise employment, you will continue to remain in compliance.

Donna Guisado

During our first meeting in the tour process we stop by each department and I make a point out of explaining how and what that department may be able to help the prospective student with in the future. I find that our open-door-policy allows the prospective student to address any questions or concerns with the appropriate department, Instructor or even students

Patricia ,

What a great tour that must be! To really explain to a prospective student what services are available to them...perfect!

Donna Guisado

Typical questions prospective students ask is how much will I make after I graduate and do you guarantee job placement? I will utilize our fact sheet which displays the actual earnings of each program and I will utilize our slicks which discusses job placement assistance and never agree with the prosepect about guaranteeing a job.

Susan Orosco

I agree. It is always best to point out the schools strengths and never stating negatice comments about competitors just point out what you offer and how that would help the prospective students. Discuss features and benefits of your individual school.

Susan Orosco

Susan,

That's perfect Susan. We can never guarantee job placement. We must always say we offer job placement assistance. I always like to point out that we can help make introductions into the world of work, but it will be up to them to get and keep the job!

Donna Guisado

Susan,

It's truly the only way to go!

Donna Guisado

This is exactly what we do as well. We inform prospective students honestly about our institution and don't make comparisons between our school and others. We encourage prospective students to also visit other schools they are interested in and get the information about those schools directly from them. That way they can make their own comparison and decide which school meets their needs and is the best fit for themselves.

Catherine,

That's true belief in the quality of education your school is providing, to encourage students to visit other schools. Great confidence means great things are happening! Not to mention the level of integrity your organization has.

Very impressive.

Donna Guisado

Prospective students often ask about job prospects in the field. They understandably want to know that the training they will receive will prepare them to be able to find a job without difficulty. In addition to providing statistics about our specific school, I also like to recommend some websites for them to check out so that it's not just what I'm saying about the career and job prospects, but what other sources are saying as well.

Well for limited X-Ray tech, they always inquire if they can even get a job or how can they get a full tech license.

Sign In to comment