Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Compliance is everything

Maintaining compliance is the key to your success. Compliance goes hand in hand with ethics, and just doing things right.

absolutely. compliance is a huge issue and was hit on over and over during my orientation for thew job. if a student asks a particular question, we often will have set answers for them we just read off a sheet. for example, will my credits transfer is a question that gets an automatic answer in order to be compliant. we never want to mislead or misinform a student

Misleading a student in any way can only be bad for you and for the student! Be honest, be ethical, and the things you don't know, ask somebody that does. The student won't think you are stupid for not knowing, they will appreciate the fact that their question was important enough to you that you made the effort to get the correct answer for them!

I could not agree more. Compliance is how you keep your job and how a company runs effectively. It is frustrating when someone is not compliant.

I agree and in this regulatory environment that we are in, which has always been there, however, not to this degree as of late, it is so important to proctect ourselves, our school, and the families we work with by just making sure we are doing and saying the right things.

i absolutely agree with the previous comments. lets hope that everyone is held to the same standards.

giving the student bad information can only lead to two things.. bad for the agent.. and worse the student..

Not maintaining in compliance can be the end of your career. The difference we make is huge so staying in compliance is crucial.

In addition to having a sheet for the students to read, we have as part of our enrollment agreement documents some compliance issues. It's important to be clear about what students can and cannot expect from their school.

Compliance is a key put in place to keep problems from arising. By following the procedures that are set forth for the institution, it ensures smooth day to day activities and overall productivity for the institution. Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance.

Definitely agree. Compliance is the key to OUR success, especially since our industry is under a lot of scrutiny. Even though we all know we do the right thing and have numerous success stories across our student bodies, we need to apply more focus amongst all staff to ensure ethical standards are even more elevated!

Compliance is definetly a hand in hand approach with ethics. The real challenge is how to maintain compliancy and improve upon it.

Indeed. Compliance is a big issue and we must maintain a sense of integrity never wanting to mislead or misinform a student.

I agree that compliance is very important. I think being honest is also very important. I think if you don't know an answer someone asks you, then you should find someone who does, don't just mislead a student by giving any answer.

I agree. Everything we do at our school MUST stay within the window of compliance.

Compliance is a huge deal that must be met. Our jobs depend on it as well as our students. It goes hand in hand with integrity and making sure that our students receive quality.

I agree. Performing your job as an agent depends on maintaining integrity and compliance. Also, you offer a quality service to the student.

With some of our institutions being under close scrutiny right now and new legislation being looked at for proprietary education, it is especially important for us to be dotting our I's and crossing our T's!

I agree with you, compliance is key to the integrity of all parties and ensures an objective view of the admissions process

I concure, David! Unless an admissions representative aims to appear on Dateline for lying to prospective students, get fired and jeopardise their schools existance then it is important to follow compliance. Compliance is not just in place to protect the rights of the student but also to legally protect the school along with its employees. If the school and its employees are actively being compliant then the student will be able to make the best educated decision on whether or not the school fits their needs, enroll if it does and refer other people due to their positive experience. Compliance, ethics and customer service go hand in hand.

Sign In to comment