Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

compliance

We have to maintain a grasp of the current rules and regulations. There are constant changes made to our processes and we must be diligent to keep up.

That is true. Our campus ensures that if there are any changes or "upgrades" to paperwork or methods of enrollment, we are trained. If training or additional knowlage is optional, it is impotant that we as Admissions Officers go so we are able to provide current information to our prospective students.

That is a very important point. It is very serious for the agent and the school to always stay with in compliance.

How are you notified of the changes?

Compliance is always changing and is something that cannot be overlooked. It is one of the most important subjects in order for the school to stay in good standing. Consistant training can help with this item.

As seen in a previous thread, being an agent is a big responsibility. We must continue to learn and stay up to date for the sake of our students and them receiving accurate information.

I have always been notified of changes from my supervisor but I can see where a more active approach on my end will help. The more informed I can be about my school and laws that govern it, the better agent I will be.

I have noticed that compliance changes rapidly over time. If something would change, our Director would notify us right away, and the entire admissions department would have the necessary training for updates.

I agree, compliance is something that changes frequently in this business. It seems to be changing with more frequency nowadays. We need to be sure that we are aware of ALL laws that govern our business.
I think it is ultimately the Director's responsibility to ensure the agents are informed. However, the agents must take the initiative to ensure they are in compliance. If they take pride in what they do everyday, they will take the initiative.

Absolutely. The reputation of our school relies on it.

This is very true. Staying in compliance is extrememly important as it could effect our ability to help our student and inform them of the fact without an opinion.

Yes, we must stay current on rules and regulations, or we will not be able to do our jobs effectively. Over the years I have heard people say "there are too many rules and regulations", but what we must understand is that they are in place to protect the consumer as well as the agent.

I feel that compliance needs to be check throughout the year.

This is very true, not only due to changes in rules and regulations, but also since there are changes in programs and curiculum. Current information in essential to maintaining good compliance.

I agree if there wasn't some order applied to our feild there would be many people finding ways to sell students rather than inform them.

Honesty is a powerful tool and staying in compliance like most tools, it can be used for good or evil. It can be used to build others up or it can be used to tear others down. While the tone of your words plays a huge role in determining the difference, your motivation plays an even bigger role. Use your words to genuinely build others up, not tear them down. The same truth spoken in a different way with a different motivation can have completely different results.

Sign In to comment