Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Agent's Requirements

What are your thoughts and feelings about the Agent's requirements now that you have almost finished this course, compared to when you started?

I think that the requirments for agents are good and straight forward.

I was aware of the regulations that agents must follow, but I feel much more informed now after seeing the requirements in writing and other information provided by OACCS.

I know so much more now that I've gone through this training. It really gave an in depth look at different rules, regulations & policies that I was not aware of before. It also gave me alot of questions to ask that are helpful in my training that I wouldn't have otherwise thought of.

The coverage of essential information is very thorough. It alerts you to areas that you may have forgotten.

The Agent's requirements training provides me with a better understanding of my role as an admission representative and have more confident.

My job has taken a new importance in a different realm than what I had expected. I knew there were a lot of regulatory topics I should be aware of but the course has certainly assisted me with determining the importance of the agent's role more than just talking with perspective students. I feel that it is not too much information for one to learn, they simply need to be told what type of information they should be looking at. this course has greatly helped with that.

I think that being a knowledgeable agent in regards to academic programs is vital for a school's reputation and enrollment process. As a former student myself, I feel that its a best practice to be up front, personable, knowledgeable regarding the University and its programs.

I've recently started the position as an agent and I feel that the requirements of this position are very reasonable. Even though there is a lot of information we must read, I feel that most of a agent's requirements are common sense and acceptable.

I think it is good to require such training and continued ed should also be completed. This will help to keep agents up-to-speed and accurately representing their school, with the best interst of the prospective student in mind.

The Agent's performance and attitude communicate the core values of the school they are representing. Often times an agent is the first contact and thus the first impression a prospective student has of the school. Knowing these requirements is critical.

I have worked in the admissions/recruiting sector for almost 3 years throughout my career and the information in this course is consistant with what I have been exposed and accustomed to during my career. The biggest difference is that when I was an athletic recruiter I needed to have much more knowledge pertaining to NCAA recruting regulastions and much less pertaining to state and regulatroy bodies addressing admissions because once the student-athlete expressed interest I would set them up with an agent for the admissions portion while I ensured they were compliant based on NCAA standards and our athletic programs needs.

I, also, am a former student. I find that knowing the curriculum, students, instructors, and faculty have given me a solid foundation from which to build on. Learning the rules/regulations, selling techniques, and effective communication skills will further contribute to my success as an admissions representative.

I believe it is important for the agent to receive proper training so that it will lessen the risk of providing information to prospective students which might be misleading or incomplete.

I'm new to the field of recruiting so it's a bit overwhelming. We are trained to answer basic questions but entrust more detailed responses to the admissions reps.

I have been in recruitment coming on 5 years, and some of the things that have been discussed I didn't know such as needing to be more away of credit transfer ability for prospective students. This has really helped along with the resource notebook.

I agree that being up front and honest is critical to assuring credibility with the University and the Agent. As director of admission, I will accept nothing less. I believe that this should be common practice within all universities.

Although the requirements/codes are constantly changing, I feel that this course prepared me my new opportunity. I understand that it will take constant maintenance of my Resource Notebook, and regularly referring to the State Board of Career Colleges and Schools website. However this course has provided me an excellent starting point for my new position.

As a newly hired ADA, this training has been critical to building the foundation for my future performance in this career path. Without knowing the policies, procedures, and practices, I could not recruit effectively or ethically.

I feel that the requirements in place will make sure that myself and all other agents are prepared to provide as much information as possible to potential students. Being able to do so will add a degree of credibility to the agents as well as the entire school. Potential students can rest assured that they are getting all of the information they need to make their decision.

Sign In to comment