Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Truth and honesty

I belive that your conduct in all phases, from enrollment to graduation will determine your sucess. It's great that we have these guidelines.

I agree with you on conduct, good moral conduct that is, is very important from enrollment to graduation. Integrity is a sure shot in making things go smooth in the enrollment process.

If a student is not well informed it hurts everyone. If the information I provide to them is not true - well then how will I build good rapport and trust with that prospect and how then will be able to live out my goal of doing my best to assist them in the admissions process? It would be impossible!

I'm dedicated to educating the planet and that means I need my students trust!

We have too as a industry as a whole have great morals and be 100% honest...

I definitely have to agree. If you are not truly honest and upfront with students from the very beginning than they are likely to distrust the entire school, which in the end hurts everyone.

Nancy, you made a good point. If you do not provide information that is true than trust and good rapport go out the window. Although the job entails getting students to enroll, I think the main goal is getting students a great education and seeing them succeed in their lives and careers.

You definitely need a student's trust...plus if they trust you and you are open and honest with them, that turns into respect and a great reputation...which leads to referrals!!

You're right about that ~ Referrals are always a good thing! :)

During the training that takes place at our school, the essential key items to establish with a student is trust, credibility, and rapport. This can happen from minute one of initiating contact through graduation. These are referred to as moments of truth. I could not agree more that truth and honest are vital elements to any institution's success.

I think it is important to have these guidelines as well. Students are very happy when they are not mislead during the course and know what to expect. If you tell them the truth about all policies and procedures up front they appreciate it if an issue ever occurs. Being honest with a prospective student and student makes them comfortable with the school and their ability to deliver what is advertised. The good experience will make them want to tell others or take more courses with the school.

I too believe that operating with Integrity in everything we do as admissions representatives is paramount to not only our success but also the success of our school and our industry! I am blessed to work for an organization that accepts no less than 100% Integrity in everything that we do. There are no grey areas at my campus. We operate, leagally, honestly, ethically, morally, and with Integrity in everything we do.

100% integrity should never be less than that...100%. I think it is so important that you hold not only yourself but your organization as well to these standards. Personally, I could not work for an organization that was anything but legal, honest, ethical, and moral as you so elegantly put it :)

Being truthful and honest with the student builds trust. It is an important decision for the student to attend school they are trusting we will provide them with only accurate information.

In order to truly help someone succeed and move in a new direction in thier life, finding out what their true motivations, desires and dreams are is the key to helping them move in the right direction. Providing honest, true and thorough information about the programs, services, and resources at your school is the only way to help them reach their goals. Not every program and every school and every student are right for each other.

It is very important to be honest to our students. They are counting on us to help them reach their goals.

The morals and integrity of admissions is what attracted me to this industry.It is extremely impressive that ethics are important in this process.

Ethics, Integrity and Morals, are held to the highest standard when assisting a prospective students through the admissions process. Their future depends on it. They should know everything they are getting into. There is so much I did not know when I signed up for community college in the 90's. So many things that popped up later about loans or graduation requirements. All things I wish I would have known or been told about when I enrolled in school. I think of this everytime I am helping a student. I want to be sure they know everything we can collectively tell them between departments to help them make an educated decision and be successful graduates.

Honesty & sincerity is the best way to begin any relationship personally and/or professionally.

I have found my students are always willing to give me referrals. Just treat people the way you want to be treated and they will respond favorable. When you are pushy or over bearing they freeze up and will not start or will drop out of school.

We always want to do the right thing. Policies and procedures, if kept current, are a great tool to keep everyone on task. I know I wouldn't want to buy something from anyone who portrays a "shady" persona.

"The most important persuasion tool you have in your entire arsenal is integrity."

These guidelines enable all parties involved to be successful. The College, the Admissions Rep., and most importantly the students.

I think truth and integrity will help you and your school in the long run, not to mention the new errolled students.

Sign In to comment