Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Knowing your product

Knowing your product is very important in this field. Everything changes almost on a daily basis so you have to be on top of it. This also helps so that you are able to explain to potential students any and all of the knowledge necessary to have to complete the program.

Knowing your product is a direct representation of your institution. If you are not on top of daily changes and structure variances, it will make you appear as though you do not care about your institution or the products you offer. On top of which it could appear as though your institution is not even aware itself of what it offers, and deter potential students.

Knowing your product, your school, it's program
offerings, and key personnel, make you a more complete and confident educational recruiter. One must also believe in what one is doing.
While we as recruiters are looking for resolve
from a prospective student, we in turn must be committed to doing the best we can do in presenting them life-changing opportunities.

I agree not only is it important but crucial. Potential students are coming to us for answers and credibility can be easily lost if we are not prepared.

I agree that knowing your product is definitely a direct representation of your college. I think it is very important that you are an expert when talking about the programs you offer and the services that are provided at your institution. I think not knowing your product can push away potential students by not looking like the school or yourself is credible and trustworthy. I thinking being confident and knowing your product is something a potential student can see.

Knowing your product requires an in-depth training program. It takes time to learn all the information you need to know about your school. Knowing your product involves more than just stating the programs you offer, it also means having a good understanding of services offered to students and the different school processes that they need to be familiar with.

I fully agree with this, the school I work for is a modeling and finishing school and I am aware of all of the courses we offer etc. It would be very hard to sell if I did not know my product.

At our college, we are always training on product knowledge. We have powerpoints on each program so that we can see what certifications and requirements are needed for each course

Product knowledge is an integral part of our job in Admissions. Prospective students look to us for information and expertise so that they can make an informed decision. We are able to help guide a student when we are knowledgable about the areas we teach and train.

Knowing your school's programs and what changes are occuring are crutial. Chances are your perspective student will know what changes are going on too and you had better be able to discuss it with them.

I have found that it is so important to be informed about our product because this does make a difference often regarding quality of student being enrolled. I have found that the students who ask alot of questions about our product usually after enrolling completes the program

knowing the product is the key, being confident and understanding of the services at the school

By knowing your product you can give intellegant and correct information to the prespective student. Not only do we want to be honest in our representation of our school we want to be complete. The more information that can be given the better the decission.

I agree, you must know your product. This allows you to help the student know if it's the right program for them. This also helps you keep up with whats going on in the industry that you are telling the students about.

Product knowledge IS crucial. I have found that knowing how to match a student's interests with a program you offer can really excite the student. It also gives credibility to the school and to you as an admissions rep - that you know your programs and will work with them to find the best fit for them.

I agree. Knowing the product is our job. if you do not know your product how do we ecpect to do anything.

I agree. I recommend looking at the catalogs and using your school's website to guide you.

Sign In to comment