Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

knowledge is key

Knowing what your school has to offer insure a quality match for the student.

I agree with this statement. How can a agent make a good recommendation to a student regarding a program when they are not exactly "informed" about the program.
Things change a lot through out the course of a quarter. I feel that it is very important for the Admissions team to meet with the education department, Chairs, Dean and anyone else that can provide product knowledge and discuss any changes.

It is not possible to do the potential student any good, if you are not able to correctly translate their desired career goal to the accurate program. Program knowledge is essential.

knowledge is a very important key factor in helping to program match the prospective student. The more you know about your school and the programs offered the better you can assist the prospective students

I agree with your statement as well. All of the Admissions Reps at our school attend weekly scheduled meetings to keep up to date on all aspects of our program. Being as knowledgeable as possible about all aspects of your respective program is key. Having firsthand experience with the actual training your potential student will receive is extremely helpful and has helped when conveying marketplace expectations and requirements.

As an agent it is necessary to convey to the prospective student what the requirements are to complete each program offered at your institution.

This question is True according to the test. However, it is technically incorrect. It is not our responsibility to convey requirements for EACH program offered at our institution.

I agree. In some cases, the perks of the school can affect the students decision in attending the institutuin or not.

I agree, and the longer you are at an institution the more familiar you become with key areas to point out to students and staff that really care.

This is an extremely important statement when interviewing prospective students. I spend over an hour talking with a student so that I may learn more about them and their skills. I also lay out in detail the program that they are interested. I go through this process so that I can make sure that I am making the best recommendation for the student. If I am not knowledgeable of the programs that I am speaking about, I am not going to be able to best assist a student.

We have a weekly meeting and they are very informative, plus monthly we have different department chairs attend our meeting to gives updates and information regarding the different programs.

I absolutely agree! It's important to not only be aware of what you have to offer the student, but equally important to know what the student needs you to offer.
Listening to your students and getting to know them a bit better helps you to assist them the best way possible. While we may know the quality of our programs and what it can offer, we also need to know what the student needs to become successful in the program. This will help set the student at ease.

I agree to an extent but we do have to specify it to the student we are talking to. As much as we do want to "sell" our school, we have to make sure that we get the right student both for them and for us. Unfortunately, that won't always be the case.

I feel all Reps should have to take this test, I feel just reading some of the comments and statements that were in the rules and regulations and suggestions set up by the state have helped me so much more. Just some of the suggestions will be of great help to me and the Future students that I enroll.

As an agent representing your school you must be knowledgeable of what your school has to offer to each prospective student,and be specific on any questions the student asks.The student can hear it in your tone of voice if one is not sure and not quite sure how to answer questions.Yes knowledge is power!!

Sign In to comment