Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

marketing

Other than the normal means of marketing what are some other unique ways to market outside businesses?

One way I love to market is wearing my name tag or a shirt which has my name and school on it. I always carry extra business cards on me ready to get a refferal at anytime.

After completeing an interview with a prospective student, I always ask them if they would know of anyone that might be a good candidate for our school. Because they have received detailed information, they are able to refer friends and or family members that may be a good fit for one of our programs.

This is a great idea. If the prospective student is not a good fit (or even if they are), they may know someone else who is. This is a good way to bring in other potential students.

Generating that "referral" can only help for future leads. I have seen a few of my co-workers interact with students who they have recently enrolled, and one of the things that I noticed is that they would not only see how the student was doing in school, but they would also see if they had any friends who developed an interest in attending our school. This really creates a strong sense of family (people looking out for one another).

I agree. Referrals are a key marketing tool. I believe that a good way to get referrals from students is to make their experience as positive as possible. Word of mouth marketing is as powerful as any other form. If students have good things to say about you and your University, that goes a long way in bringing more students through the door.

One of the best marketing tools for admissions representative is to ask for referrels to prospect students or current student or even graduates.

Online Social Networking (Facebook,myspace,twitter etc.)

For example if your company has a culinary school, and you are eating at a restaurant, leave your business card with the paid bill.

I would love to know about this. In this lesson we learned about the "maybes" of flyering. what other areas are grey for advertising

I am taking courses so I can speak from 1st hand experience. I can market to them because I believe in the benefits of having an education. I bring up my own success to inspire someone else to go to school.

Referrals are a very important process to generating new leads.

Not just college nights, but career fairs are a great way to meet people who may want to further their careers through education.

I always carry cards with me as well. Any chance I get to bring up where I work, and the programs we carry, I take advantage of it. I don't bring it up with every person, but you learn when are where to do it.

That is a fantastic way to get a name. I like how its still fresh in the prospects mind and they seem to be more apt to giving a friends name at this point.

Community involvement. Fostering a relationship with people of the city/ state you are located in. Giving back is a good way to build relationships and get your students involved.

Considering the power of social networking sites in 2011, schools should tap into this resource and utilize Facebook, Twitter etc to reach their target population. Also, obtaining referrals from prosepctive, current and/or former students can generate new leads.

I recruit many of my students from current students. A happy student is your best marketing tool. Many times I will ask my students if they know of any other person(s) who they think could benefit from this type of training.

Referrals are probably the biggest lead you can capitalize on and its free!!!!!!!!!

Well, there is plenty of ways to market outside business from my perspective. Always keeping your business cards available, word-a-mouth, referrals, and just networking with the first impression that I just want you to know who I am. Trust me they will be interested in knowing what you do for a living. Building partnerships with other corporations allows us to further our contacts for our graduating student because our training is the best and thats what we have to believe; Real World Experiences!

Sign In to comment