Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keeping Up-to-Date

What are your plans to add any missing information and to keep up-to-date with any changes made?

I will heavily rely on the intranet at my school to keep me updated with changes in policies and personnel. Luckily my institution has a pretty good intranet which will help me tremendously as a new employee.

Angela,

I am glad to hear that your school has a system in place to keep you updated and informed.

I do not feel we are missing any information and will continue with the process we have in place to stay up-to-date with changes.

I feel our school is up to date with what we need to know and we communicate very well with meetings often. I will continue to attend the meetings to get any info needed in the future

Adding any missing information is key on staying up to date with any changes made throughout the University.
Staying in tune with standard operating procedures as well as weekly training meetings keep me highly informed with what is going on. Staying in the loop through communicating effectively through emails and meetings is helpful to help ease the process of changes made.

Lavinia,

You are correct, regular communication between staff members ensures that everyone is on the same page.

I keep updated by checking the Ohio board website on a monthly basis, also by checking the QACCs site. Any questions that may arrise we check with our field rep. or call the Ohio Board of Career Colleges and Schools

IT'S very important to up-date any information from training class. If your also informed with the proper training information you will make sure that you give the correct information to the students.

Communication with all departments

We have weekly team meetings set up to keep everyone on my team informed of changes both at our school and from the state. My school also has a GREAT intranet site that is able to keep informed as well.

I plan to learn as much as I can about the particular careers we are preparing our students for by spending more time with our Career Center Directors and our Program Directors. I think this is something that will help me be more effective when interviewing prospective students.

I typically create files and categorize information, so I can reference the information at my leisure. If I consistently need to refer to a particular piece of information, I will post the information in a visible area.

Barbara,

That will provide you with so much insight when working with prospective students.

Our department has a binder that we are all responsible for keeping up to date with information and that we can all reference as need be.

I great way to stay up-to-date is to talk with Chairs & instructors, sit in on a class for an hour.

I am very hands on at my school. I feel as though it is extremely important to have a good rapport with all school departments in order to be made aware as soon as possible of any changes made. This goes for the administrative staff, the dean and the school chairs, and of course my director of recruitment. Good communication is key so that the student is getting the highest quality service possible. I also feel that it is equally important to keep checking the necessary Ohio Web sites in order to ensure the most accurate information.

We hold meetings every week to update ourselves on any changes. We also have trainings on different topics with the directors to learn new information.

We are fortunate to have weekly meetings to discuss any changes or updates.

I leave notes to myself around my desk when there are changes in policies. I work with student in multiple states and I always make sure to check our state regulations document before proceeding with an interview or enrollment. I think that seeing the regulations regularly helps me remember them better.

Sign In to comment