Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Picture

Is it acceptable to keep a photo of the applicant in their file to remember who they are? With interviewing so many people, it is difficult to remember.
If a picture is kept, is it legal to send a photo to a potential client as part of a placement service?

Lori:

The State Board of Career Colleges and Schools does not have any rules that address the collection/use of student photographs. I do not think the uses you suggest would be inappropriate. If the photos were going to be used in any advertisements or promotional material I would recommend that you have the student sign a waiver permitting such use.

I dont have pictures but i have notes on the folders about them so i can remember exactly who they are and why they came to see our school

We do keep a photo ID of all current enrolled students. We also provide the students with ID cards that they wear when on campus.

We use pictures in the files so that we can help jog our memory. It seems to really help when going go back into a file if need be.

John and Lori,

We have such a waiver and we inform the student that if they sign the waiver they may be used in school promotional materials although we always recheck with the student/graduate if that would be acceptable.

Sheri,

We do the same with our students. An ID card is essential in our school because our facilities fall under the control of Homeland Security. Photo IDs must be worn at all times.

Thank you. We do have them sign a release for promotional material.

I think a photo is a very good idea for emergency purposes but also to be kept confidential. Unless authorized by student

We keep a copy of photo ID's as well. It does help to be able to recall who the person is more quickly with them.

Lori,

Yes, we keep a picture of all students on file. Also, students sign off on a waiver allowing their photo's to be used. Any photo is only used with consent from the student.

I think that this is a great idea! I do understand the importance of gaining permission from students. I do think that its a great way for students and staff to recognize a familiar face and helps to form relationships around campus.As far as using it to send to potential employers, I would ask that the student update the photo with us and be sure that the are dressed in their best!

We don't keep any picture.......as its hard to remember all student.Yes do have waiver form for student.

Nice idea, even if it's not happening at this moment, I can see where having a picture with the student profile will bring a sense of really knowing our students.

Sign In to comment