Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enrollment fee

What is the average enrollment fee for schools in Ohio?

Good question...ours is 125

Ours is $50; and I believe there will be an increase in the next academic year.

Ryan, Jamal and Charles,

The maximum amount a school may charge for an enrollment fee is 15% of the tuition charge for the program or $125, whichever is the lesser. From my experiece, it seems like most schools charge between $75 - $125.

$50

We have an early enrollment of $50 and after the 1st of the year it goes up to $100. It is nice to get an idea and see what some other schools are offering. We have been back and forth on whether it is too high, especially during these hard times.

I don't know.

Ours is 100.

I always tell students that they should not enroll if they do not intend on graduating.

I have the pleasure of working for a National Platform school. We enroll students nationwide. Our application fee is the same for all states. It is $100.

In theory, a higher enrollment fee ensures more students showing up on the first day of class because they've already made an investment. But it can also discourage enrollment for some students.

We don't have one.

I have worked at schools where the enrollment fee was as high as $100 and others where there was no fee at all. I have found price has little to do with how committed the student is. When I tell them I enroll graduates they need to see the value in the education, not in if they can afford the enrollment fee or not.

At my school the students dont have any out of pocket fees. Everything is included in financial aid and I think it is great. This way the student can go through the process and not have to worry about losing money if something happens and they cant attend.

In the part of OH I am in, most schools charge $75.00. The school I am currently working for charges $30.00.

Ours is $25. If it were any higher, i believe we would have some challenges, as this is the most a lot of our students can afford.

Our school has challenges with a $10 enrollment fee. Considering the majority of our students take advantage of Title IV funds, it's an understandable difficulty. Often, students have to delay appointments and school until they can scrape together the money for the enrollment fee. It's been my experience that those students are the most dedicated, which makes me wonder if a sliding scale for the enrollment fee would benefit retention.

I agree here. It is an obstacle to encouraging the prospective student to make the next step. Some could use the fee as a reason not to proceed.

Our fee is the same. I have seen it higher. I believe the student needs to see the value in higher education. If the student doesn't see the need or the potential gain in having higher education, it wouldn't matter if there were "no fee." It is our duty to help the student see value. Not concentrate on an enrollment fee.

Our fee has changed a few times since i started. It was $20 then went up to $45 and now we are having a promotion where it is down to $10. The lower fee has mad a HUGE differance. It seems to be much easier for some people to come up with.

Ours is $50, up from $30. Most people don't question it, but for some in these difficult economic times, it has been a stumbling block and ultimately delayed their entry. I personally would hate to see it go any higher. I feel $50 is more than folks usually have in their pocket (so enough to show that they're serious and perhaps aid in them attending class), but more than that seems like an unnecessary fee when so many are already concerned about tuition.

My school does not have an enrollment fee, however, one can be charged, and it is upto 15% of the tuition.

Sign In to comment