Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Look twice

Incorporated is the “second look.” No completed paperwork’s get turned in till I have signed-off on the content, and accuracy of the file.

Double checking all paperwork and putting in order is key. On my first few interviews I found myself forgetting forms because I was not doing this. Double checking,even while the student is still present, is a great idea because if you did miss a signature or inital, the student is still present to complete it.

At our campus we have an admissions coordinator. Her position is very valuable to our department. Her tasks include entering all enrollments into the system and following up with the paperwork. If a file is incomplete, it is returned to the agent and not counted until it is complete.
This keeps the agents in line and ensures that we have complete files.

I agree! Double checking and making sure you have all the required paperwork and that everything is in order, while the student is in your office, is the way to go.

Our files are required to be completed in full before a file is accepted. This is more work up front, but does make for a smoother first day of class.

If it means more work up front and takes a bit longer, so be it. The benefit is that the student will most likely not encounter problems when that first day of classes start. Less anxiety = happy student. It's a win-win for everybody. Effeciency is never a bad thing in the work place and has a ripple effect.

This is a very good habit, I ALWAYS double check paper work before students leave. I also usually have another admissions representative or Director
overlook what I have done.

It is allways a good habit to look twice. I am in the habit of 'highlighting'the important compliance issues with a diff color.This ensure that I do not miss any impotant points.

I always read over everything with each student and the family after I complete the paperwork just to make sure they know what they are signing and to make sure I did not make any mistakes.

I agree. We double check everything while the student is still here. Once we organize the student's file and put all the paperwork in order, it goes to our office assistant. She then double checks again, then takes it to the asst. director or director for their approval signature and then the enrollment is entered. Again, if anything is incomplete, it is returned to the admissions representative to be completed.

I very much agree with you. I check each document as the student completes them. This eliminates having the student come back to the campus to initial something or re-do a form and also helps our campus enrollment processor from having to spend time fixing student files. It does not take long to check over work and will save all involved some time and maybe even frustration.

I agree-the more time you take with the enrollment process and paperwork, the more time your students have to ask questions and feel confident in what they are doing

I agree. I always double check all paperwork while I am infront of the student. My school has a second close process where a fellow admissions rep meets with the student and goes over the paperwork again.

Absoluteley! When I submit the paperwork for aa particular student I double, sometimes triple check that the whole packet is there and correct. Failing to do so just makes more work for other people.

Great idea Anthony, Different colors! maybe a color code as to which additional paperwork needs addressed. This is something I can use today!

m
m

OF COURSE WITH ANY PAPERWORK, APPLICATION, ETC WE WANT TO MAKE SURE WE DO OUR SECOND LOOK AND MAKE SURE ALL REQUIRED FILLED ARE FILLED OUT AND COMPLETED

I also utilize a check list in order to ensure everything is accurate and accounted for.

Sign In to comment