Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

When should someone be considered complete?

Some schools consider an enrollment when they sign an EA and before finalizinf FA. Others don't consider an enrollment until completely done with FA. So...What shall it be?

Joe: Generally, students are considered enrolled when they sign the enrollment agreement. However, the enrollment is often conditioned on a number of other processes like payment for school (through the financial aid process or otherwise) and showing up for classes. If a student does not attend any classes schools will often "un-enroll" the student since virtually all tuition and fees would need to be refunded anyway.

Some schools even have a 7 or 10 day trial period where they do not consider a student officially enrolled until they have completed a certain number of days of training.

Hi Joe,
It is Robin Re, how are you doing? I hope you things are going well. I was suprised to see your name in this forum.

At my school an enrollment and being complete in FA are totally separate. An enrollment is considered an actual enrollment when the student has signed the enrollment agreement and paid the enrollment fee. In my opinion, it would be very frustrating to not "count" the enrollment if we had to wait until FA was complete!

Why is that? I will never leave admissions. Yes I'm doing great thanks! What's your email again? Hope all is well...

This is a good question Joe. The owner of my school says to send them away if they do not have everything needed in the enrollment process. I disagree with that. I like to get their file started and give them a list of things I need asap to complete the file. I like to integrate them into the system and do not feel it is a waste of time to get the file started. Not that arguing with the boss is the best idea. lol :)

When a student sign an EA it is considered an enrollment, when the student completes FA it is considered an enrollment ready to start.

What if a student is enrolled at another school and is now interested in your school?

I believe that the enrollment process is a complete when the University recieves Basis of Admission and completes FAFSA and SOFA. It is imperative that the student make financial agreement to pay for school so that the school gets paid for its quality services and education and that the student know that the financials are taken care of per agreement and can study without the worries and stresses of paying for school during their pursuit of a degree. A complete enrollment is a total commitment between student and University.

I think that a student is registered at the point that they have met admission requirements and satified the terms for their method of payment. I think that the student is not "complete" until all of their forms have had time to process and recieve final approval.

I agree. Once all of the proper arrangements have been made and the proper forms completed then the student is registered. If the method of payment happens to be financial aid then it is ultimately the students' responsibility to ensure that is completed. In order to consider the process complete the financial aid need to be processed and in place.

At our school we consider them enrolled when they complete their enrollment paperwork and packaged when they complete everything that financial aid requires of them.

I would be uncomfortable finalizing my enrollment without without the knowing for sure how tuition would be paid. So I do not think an enrollment should not be counted until FA/payment has been finalized. By finalizing enrollment following confirmation of payment both the student and the institution can move past the back end processing and focus on academic responsibilities.

my school also, we consider a student to be enrolled when they complete the paperwork, but the financial aid process is also an important step, there are times when this can affect whether or not they begin classes, they need to feel comfortable with their financial package.

We have one week grace period when we take attendance of new students, and if students is not attending during this week he/she will be unenrolled from school

At my school we consider a student complete once the enrollment agreement is signed and they have paid the tuition. It is always nice to get feedback from students once they have started the program.

Students are complete when all files are up to date and they have all the nes. paper work in... also students must remain in class for the first 2 weeks. before we count them as a start.

Students are considered enrolled when they complete the enrollment paperwork and have been given their copies and catalog. However, a student isnt fully accepted into the college until they have completed their financial aid.

I consider it a partial enrollment when the enrollment agreement is signed. It is a full enrollment when all FA is complete as well as any other requirements are met prior to the start of classes. If the student makes it through the probationary period (2 weeks) then the student is officially enrolled and active.

I believe all paperwork from signing the admissions paperwork to the final financial aid steps should be complete before being considered done. There is no reason so constantly have the potential student come back for this or back for that.

Sign In to comment