Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

does renewal involve training?

Specific state-approved agent training is required only once. However, the school or Ohio Board may require that the agent or admissions representative also complete continuing education periodically.

Although the state-approved agent training is only required upon initial application for the agent permit, agents should participate in school-sponsored training as well as self-directed training to ensure they are up-to-date on rules, regulations, and laws that govern and impact their role as an agent/admissions representative.

Agents have an ethical responsibility to accurately represent information to prospective students and should take personal responsibility for doing so.

The Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools website provides information on important aspects of the agent's role. Additionally, membership in industry and/or position-specific professional organizations may be considered helpful in keeping current on position-related requirements.

I think it's great the state goes out of their way to make sure we are all following similar rules and regulations. It protects the schools themselves and the students we are reaching out to.

I did not know it did, but that I'm going through it I've found it very helpful as there I things I needed to brush up on.

I would agree. In my current role as an admissions officer I have found that I do things well and let others fall by the wayside. Continuing education brings those points that I have forgotten back to me. Implementing them allows me the chance to be an expert in my field. Although we deal with the rules often we dont use all of them every day. A refresher on occasion is great.

I believe renewal should always involve training. Not only is it important to keep abreast of current laws and regulations for all states, colleges, and schools but continued training often refreshes your memory and reminds us of minor things we may let fall through the cracks.

I agree ! I believe renewal should always involve training . It helps us stay current on information we need to know .

Sign In to comment