Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Should agents disply awars/medals in their office?

Considering the state doesn't like to say this is a selling position. Should reps display their awards for top rep of quarter or any awards given due to enrollments?

I think they should be able to do this because it shows pride in their work and shows they have been successful.

We do not have awards at our college campus. We express a "job well done" by ordering take out and eating great food.

Joe:

There are no regulations as to what information may be displayed in an agent's office other than it can't be misleading to the prospective student.

As to your intial comment that "the state doesn't like to say this is a selling postion" I would respond that the state is well aware that admissions involves "selling" your school and its programs and that is the primary reason why all of these regulations exist.

Sure. This creates a friendly competitive market within an office. It is the same as a whiteboard posting everybody's closure of fully accepted students. It causes others to strive higher. Now where there would be issue is if that particular advisor is telling people on the phone, "Good thing you got me on the phone, I am the best 'recruiter'!" Success is success.

I agree with Nathan. Not only does it make the agent feel good about their accomplishments but I also think it could put a prospective student at ease knowing that they are with someone who knows what they are doing and not someone who just started the job yesterday.

Prospective students are also aware that Admissions is a "selling" position, so I would not be hesitant to display "sales" awar-D-s and medals.

I agree that displaying awards and medals in my office will put a prospective student at ease to know they are sitting w/ a competent professional who is an expert at helping people find their path to a successful career.

I feel it is ok as long as potential students/enrolled students/active students can not see them.

I strongly believe that you should be able to display awards/medals in your office. Typically, your awards don't say anything about "numbers" or sales goals so it wouldn't make the prospects look like an individual number.

Personally, I would want to work with a representative from any type of company or organization that has been recognized for outstanding work. Obviously they are recognized for a reason and it would make me more comfortable to invest that significant of an amount of money into something.

I agree, an initail reaction from a prospect would more than likely be that the rep. has been noticed and complemented for his or her actions and efforts, and is knowlegable in their field.

I think gaining accolades shows a strong work ethic and dedication to the job. I agree with John, the state is well aware of the selling piece of admissions, and as long as the guidelines are followed they have no problem with it.

In my opinion these awards also show success in helping students achieve their dreams.

I think it is great that employees are being reconginzed for their hard work. I work in admissions over the phone so this is not an issue I have ever really considered. I think I would feel weird having a student see awards in regards to my enrollment numbers. Students shouldn't feel that they are getting "sold" something.

In a office/campus environment it is in appropriate to post any awards relating to admissions. It gives the wrong impression to prospective students.

no they should not, this is not a car dealership, we are dealing with potential higher education students

there is nothing wrong with displaying the awards, it shows the experience that the agent has and his dedication to his job

I agree with you Whitney. As long as the award/medal is compliant with existing agent regulations then there is no problem with displaying such an award. However if the award falls foul of existing regulations then the award shouldn't be displayed and also shouldn't have been made in the first place.

I don't see what is wrong with displaying awards in their office. When a person receives an award it is something that they should be proud of. As a a prospective student, I would also feel more comfortable working with an agent who I felt was one of the "best" or most efficient agents.

Ryan,

I agree completely. I like to know that the people I am working with are good at what they do. I love the idea that someone would have accolades and honors for being above average. Awards are great way to get recognition ni an industry that does not "reward for enrollments".
I say hang them with pride!

I agree with Karla. I think that by posting awards for meeting enrollment goals etc. it could give the student the idea that you see them as just another way to meet those goals rather than really taking an interest in them. However, hanging certificates of completion for training and education courses shows that you are knowledgeble about your product. If you wish to hang awards or accolades of some type, you may want to look at hanging thank you notes or positive comment cards from previous students or employers about the quality of the program. This helps sell your program but doesn't make a prospective student feel like a number and has worked well for me in past positions.

Sign In to comment