Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Our institute is small with a large number of volunteers. Currently I have enough students from many areas to fill our first on-line class. They are just waiting for the technology to be in place. Once the first class is finished, I feel we will not have a problem keeping future classes full with students.

I agree with you. I think it should be implemented more and more in all educational institutes.

we have a unique situation. WOur most 'sold' program is the FTCE, which applies only to Florida. We have already received inquiries from the fla west coast to take this progra. they will be our first students. As the word sprteads we expect to get more students. Also, we plan to place ads in some state newspapers.

Classic marketing campaing, radio, TV, banners.

Our marketing needs are addressed by our marketing department in conjunctiomn with the Programs and exprets

The internet is one of the most valuable marketing tools for our online program. Whether it be through our website, search engines or social media it is important to have a strong presence via the internet. Most prospective students are very internet savy and this will be the first place that they will go to "shop" whether for education or a new car. Our marketing group does a fantastic job making sure that we have a strong presence through the internet as well as TV and other avenues of marketing.

The school I work for has a marketing department that utilizes all forms of advertising to communicate what our programs are to prospective students. The admissions department works closely with the marketing department to assure that the programs we offer are accurately represented in material provided to the public.

The internet is a greatly valued marketing tool used for our online program. Many prospective students come to our school from websites, search engines, and social media posted about our school. The schools marketing group does a great job not only with our internet presence, but also in other fields of media to gain prospective students attention.

We use an outside marketing group. Our first marketing venture involved internet and word of mouth marketing only. Next we moved to various other forms of media including television, radio, and printed publications. We only market to the east coast at this time due to timing issues with other time zones.

LaNell,
That's wonderful. Sounds like marketing is really onboard! It's a team effort.

Linda Scharp

Marketing needs for online delivery of courses and programs at your institution are in the works. This one of the many reason I am taken this course so we can better address our needs. At this time our online course server is only used by students already enrolled in an in house training program.

Sometimes its very difficult to get a qualified professional at the skilled positions due to budget and not being funded yet.

We know we need people to be reach accreditation standards in order to get funding, but need funding to afford such salaries.

They are: ads on TV, radio, newspaper, printing, and workforce centers. Those needs were defined in function of the public needs and demand Marketing, and admissions are responsible for implementing them.

What are the marketing needs for online delivery of courses and programs at your institution? Discuss how those needs were defined and who is responsible for implementing them.

This is a question I am working on defining and answering. As a new Online University, currently, I am the end all-be all, so that I must determine how everything will work. I am taking as many classes as I can and I am trying to determine what will work best for us based on what has worked best for other similar Universities. I can say that for the Marketing aspect, online avenues are the way to go. Social media and "Google" searches are how today's society begins and communicates with each other. At my previous University, all students were even required (as an assignment) to like the University Facebook page, or like a certain professor's page, or follow them on Twitter. This led to people making connections with each other in an environment which not only facilitated learning, but common ideas and values. Having this option is the most invaluable.

Heather,
I concur with your observations, however, keep in mind you need to identify your market segment and tailor marketing plan and program to them. I would anticipate that your market segment is broader than you initially anticipated. Social media is a very viable and significant vehicle for younger adults, but there is an expanding market for older underemployed and unemployed adults who are looking for high quality and efficient online instruction, so don't limit yourself.
Dr. Robert Roehrich

I wouldn't discount the pre-social media networking systems: professional associations, corporate HR and affinity groups also offer an opportunity to attract new students who are not quite as well served as the ones who are 'connected' already.

Sign In to comment