Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New Online Program

Since we currently do not have online courses, I am researching to find the best programs for our small business college. Is there a specific way to identify which program is best for our needs?

I am in the very same boat and would appreciate any one's advice on how they evaluated and selected an LMS.

I guess it depends on what you are offering to start. My thought is always to work it into a natural setting. For instance, in a business program, an online class related to technology, or even marketing (since so much of that is online now) would be a natural transition.

Maybe even try a shorter, certificate program online.

Or, one of my favorites, have an online orientation. Many schools actually give credits for orientation, try having a porition of it online as a class.

I too am researching on line courses for our college to develop; however, this is new for the entire field of education my college offers - so this is a pilot program as well.

Again I wonder if starting with continuing education unit (CEU) credits might be best to start- in that way my college is only creating a course of 5 or 10 hrs instead of 45 hrs.

We are also just starting to venture into online. We are a small school that offers business and medical classes. We are doing a blended approach to start. Mon-Thur in class and Friday review/assessment off campus.

Hazel,
Thank you for your thoughts on this Forum. If you are just launching an online venture, have you given thought to developing an "online learning strategy" for your school? Regardless of the size, it's critically important to have a strategy that covers all the elements of distance delivery that integrates with your mission and on-ground program offerings. Can you identify some of the elements that should be included in an "online learning strategy"?
Dr. Robert Roehrich

Sign In to comment