Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advisory Commit.

How do you determine who is the best choice for your Advisory Committee? Also how often should you get together for meetings?

To determine the best individuals for Advisory Committees, we must first look for Accreditation requirements. Do they have the proper credentials and experience? The question must also be asked are they committed to the project.
Meeting should happen at least twice a year.

I have found my advisory meetings very valuable. Not only do I meet with the group of advisors, I then introduce them to the students that are eager for work. It turns into a great opportunity to help students meet potential employers. Meetings twice a year is imperative to make this effort effective.

In determining who is best for your Advisory Committee, one must evaluate what is most important and the targeted goal for the Advisory Committee. If the Advisory Committee's primary job is to create a marketing plan on how to recruit students, then you will absolutely need persons who have marketing experience. Then you begin to select persons who have team-like natures that will work well together but still have different opinions to allow for diversity.

I think it is important to meet once a month.

One approach for Advisory commit. member is to have at least one past student who has done well . They have been known to give valuable insight . As for time frame , every three months.

Can I divide my advisory in diferent groups, in order to se fast results, like a marketing sub-group, intership sub group, fundraising sub-group?

I got it!

It does depend on what is going on in a school, sometime every three months, but there are times when you might actually need to meet weekly when there is a deadline that requires their input.

The advisory committee should consist of well-trained and expert individuals in their field. Meetings should be held at least once a year.

Sign In to comment