Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think these are great questions. They encompass a lot of information. Our industry is one that is booming and is affecting so many people. Not only are we having and impact on those people who enroll in the schools, but we are also impacting ourselves. Those people that we train to be medical assistants, paralegals, accountants, etc., are people that we may eventually have contact with in society. So these questions are extremely important, because the better trainers/teachers wee have for our students, the better the product/student is going to be. Very helpful.

I agree, this module was very helpfull in putting it together prior too and after. Being in a rush to hire sometimes leads to not going thru the proper steps, inturn leaving you without an instructor after a short period of time.

I find myself also trying to sell the job. Sometimes it is so hard to find an evening instructor. I tend to want to convince them how good this position can really be. This module has helped me see that about myself.

We have a standard worksheet with 7 questions on it and 1 thru 5 to rate the how we felt the answer was given. We use the same questions for every interview, rate the reply immediately and jot down any additional notes at the bottom of the sheet that may pertain to the applicant or the applicant's answers. We do not have a big turn over with our instructors therefore the need to use this system is slim.

Thank you, Charles. It would be great if you would share the seven questions so that others who take this course may benefit.

After reviewing the application and conferring with any other staff who have direct experience with the candidate, I set up an interview , having pre-determined that they meet our required standards and over-all expectations. Sometimes they demonstrate their teaching and/or clinical skills.

I like to sit side by side (not behind my desk) for the interview so that we can explore the relationship of colleague and lean into their most confident self which hopefully encourages them to reflect honestly and thoroughly about their experience and qualifications.

I will develop a more comprehensive set of interview questions. I am inclined more toward being off the cuff and spontaneous, but I can forget to ask important questions that way.

I am going to set up a more structured interviews and ask predetermined questions. Doing a thorough job analysis prior to interviewing is very beneficial.

Sign In to comment