Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We use careerbuilders .com

Many of our instructors come from our parent company. Additionally, a good number of instructors come from employee recommendations. More recently, we have discussed advertising positions online.

One downside of employee recommendations is loyalty to friends. If the company/employee relationship goes bad it can often affect the views of friends who are also employed.

Referrals from other instructors and staff members; unsolicited faxes from the job applicant; job inquiries from students taking our classes. Last resort: advertising in professional journals and/or local newspaper with internet connection.

The methods of advertisement are two-fold as I have seen. Our organization relies heavily on internet (Monster and Career Builder) to advertise positions. I have also sought after applicants from resources from within. Many of the staff are members of groups or associations from within the education field. Many are available and I have found them to be just as qualified as those coming from the internet.

The most common way we recruit is through word of mouth from other instructors or staff members. Since we are well known in the industry, we frequently receive unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries, as well. We find these methods to be generally effective in helping us to locate qualified instructors.

We typically use employee referrals and internet job searches. We have been most successful with both. We have had a tremendous amount of success with employee referrals. These referrals usually stay with the company longer as they know their behavior is associated with someone else's name.

Our most common way of recruiting applicants is through employee recommendations. This has shown to be very effective because they are in the same field and come with the preferred education and training.

We contact our graduates employers and ask them for recomendations on employees who are leaving the industry and might make good instructors. we them contact them and ask them to apply. We also post job openings on the industry web-pages.

We use our network
1. graduates
2. employees
3. industy trade groups

Right, but I think that the ones that are just fishing often still have jobs and those are the people who I would rather hire than the ones who are currently unemployed. To me the "serious job hunters" often come with baggage that made them unemployed.

We generally use the internet (Career Builder/Monster). We have just about given up on newspaper ads because of their cost and the few results we get from them. One thing we have tried that gave us some results was to send mailings out to people who were licensed in the field we were looking for in town. However, it seemed that many of the people used their business address for their licenses and we didn't get as many responses as we had hoped we would.

From my knowledge we use internet job boards in recruiting faculty. I believe our method can be improved by being more descriptive in what our positions entail.

We also use behavior based interviews and have found this process to be very effective in helping us identify a person past behaviors, which are indicative of future performance.

DIRECT INTERVIEW. WE WOULD NEED TO HAVE MORE QUALIFIED QUESTIONS

Sign In to comment