Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Attributes

Some of the attributes I look for are a a well rounded person, who truly enjoys working with students. Someone who understands the needs of our students and how to relate to the demographic that we work with. I especially look for someone who can embrace change and is excited about it.

Hi Quiana

These are truly important attributes for a potential instructor to have. And, these are
characteristics that usually come naturally or
not at all.

Thank you for your response.

This is what I also look for and I have let prospective employees know what I expect and what kind of students we have. My thoughts on this is that the more they know and if they except a job offered that they will stay longer because then they won't be to suprised with situations arise. But how much information is too much.

Cindy

Too much information would be that which biases the applicant but doesn't help make an informed
decision. Perhaps the best example would be individual stories about situations that don't routinely occur.

You need to be honest, but don't make the atmosphere bleaker than it really is. Graduation can make up for many of the negatives we see from day to day.

I also believe that one of the most important attributes of an instructor is that they must enjoy working with students and spending time with them. An instructor is there to teach students and must be willing to invest time in their education.

I look for individuals that are well adjusted and that work well with thier peers and blend in with the crowd

I look for prospective employees that not only have the knowledge and skills but someone that displays a real passion in being able to help change lives. In my interview, I don't talk about only the great things, but some of the not so great things.

It is important to find the person who absolutely shows passion. That is something that cannot be developed.

Has your honesty helped your retention?

Sign In to comment