Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Customer

The student is the #1 customer then comes the repair shops and deaerships that these students work at.
We must put out a good product or our customer base will die.

I would somewhat agree Rick, but also feel that society as a whole can be considered a customer. Education is not only the technical skills, but the life skills it takes to succeed. Around our area, the student is also a 'product', and the way he represents himself in our community will highly effect the way he, as well as other students are treated. This will foster an atmosphere that can be pleasant for the student or hostile, depending on the actions and attitudes of the previous students. Therefore it is our duty to provide this customer, 'society', the service of an educated, employable, team oriented student.

Good point Rick - they are all customers!

Thanks!

Jay Hollowell
ML139 Facilitator

Hi Danny, you're right on point and it is difficult for me to add anything except to say, Bravo!

Jay Hollowell
ML139 Facilitator

I believe focusing on the students as the product and the “industry” in which you are preparing that student for, as the customer, is a win-win for both. Using the industry as the customer, you will be sensitive to their needs and expectations, which in turn, benefits the students experience because you are creating a “product” your customer is in need of and has asked for. This should cause the students satisfaction to increase, since you are striving to satisfy your customer with the best product possible. Using the student as the customer and becoming too focused on their satisfaction, the product now has a greater chance of being less than what the industry desires since most students do not know what it takes to be successful in the work place.

It is very important that the students have the tools for success. If the the student's don't have these tools, then there will be no students.

It is very important that the students have the tools for success. If the the student's don't have these tools, then there will be no students.

It is very important that the students have the proper tools in order to be successful.

Sign In to comment