Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Maybe a good approach to this would be to include the report in a team leader approach in order to see what kind of leadership qualities that they can provide along the path. Either way that it goes it opens up the path for further discussion and coaching.

I think praising employees and motivating them on a daily basis helps build their motivational levels. They will perform better for the team for their leader whom they trust.

It is vital yo keep employees motivated to perform at a high level. Offering new challenges and responsibilities can keep employees inspired to continue on a path of excellence. Letting employees know their value as team members also serves to enhance their self worth within the organization.

In working with my team, I initially had to build trust at the beginning. It took me approximately four months to establish a level of trust conducive to begin developing them. Stephen Covey wrote, "Trust is the highest form of human motivation. It brings out the very best in people." Leading and developing a high performing team requires a high degree of trust.

I agree, Chris. It is important to know your team, their interests, and their strengths, in order to develop an effective plan.

Stephen,

Thanks for your comments, and... when trust is broken, it is next to impossible to regain it among coworkers.

Jay Hollowell

Motivation is different for each employee. Some have been motivated by what they can work toward, others have been motivated by instant gratification,

I try and keep the employees involved in their professional development. I encourage them to take continuing education courses in the courses they teach and the topics that will help develop them.

Sign In to comment