Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managing Employee Personality Types

This is an area where supervisors and leaders need more understanding.Many try to "manage" with a uniform approach when dealing with both employees and students. To be truly effective you must be able to understand and deal with people using different approaches. Find those motivations in each of the "types" and use them to assist in employee and student growth.

I agree and I think this is something everyone struggles with at times, especially with those employees that tend to have characteristics of several of the groups. I find it very difficult to mange those people because they way they will react seems to depend on the day and the situation.

In my experience, these "archetypes" are more preferential, that is, people have their preferred type and then vary from there.

For example, I am an Analytical (if you couldn't tell). I prefer to be analytical, however, there are times when I will employ either a Driver or Amiable mode, particarly when analysis is not a good plan of engagement.

Sometimes these preferences change if you're in charge or you're a subordinate.

-R

I totally agree with that people need to learn how to understand and deal with people according to the proper approach.

Sign In to comment