Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

personalities

it is very important that you know the "type" of person that you are working with.

I think it is helpful to understand the various "types", and it can be a very useful management tool. Unfortunately, many people are a combination of "types" and are not as clear-cut in their responses and behavior. Also, some individuals have certain triggers on various topics that can cause them to react differently under differing circumstances. Certainly, though, this course offers useful parameters in understanding individual behavior and ideas to help effectively work with them.

You have to know the different personalites of people to make you an effective manager

I find that getting to know the types of people I work with is the best way to find how to mangage there personalities and get good work out of them.

I agree. Its better to get to know your employees not only to manage them better but to get them working togehter. This not only improves the working environment but morale as well.

When you are dealing with college faculty, it is important to understand the faculty members type as well as the student types at your institution to ensure a quality match.

I agree! It can be very beneficial.

I agree that most people do not fit into one specific category. I think that most of us are a combination of types, with one dominant personality type that usually prevails.

Just as we all have different learning styles we also have different personalities. When teaching we want to cater to the individuals learning style and when managing or trying to get individuals to work together it is best to understand their personalities. Knowing the best way to approach your team is crucial if you want them to respond appropriately.

Just as we all have different learning styles we also have different personalities. When teaching we want to cater to the individuals learning style and when managing or trying to get individuals to work together it is best to understand their personalities. Knowing the best way to approach your team is crucial if you want them to respond appropriately.

Sign In to comment