Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Technology in the classroom

What are some techniques for bringing adult learners up to speed with technology?

Trina,

It depends what type of technology is most appropriate for your class environment. Can they use the phone to look up the history of a particular ingredient or Chef? Can they take pictures of their work and insert it into a document to do a self critique? Maybe they can take pictures at a volunteer event or club function? Adult learners may also have challenges with using online libraries and search engines. Perhaps you can arrange for your local or regional librarian to conduct a webex seminar on the topic.

Jae Gruber

Some times during class in group discussion a question comes up so i always say well lets see everyone pull out your phones and lets see what we can find. which enhances the class intrest. and it is gratifing to have an imediate response.

Juanita,

That is a great way to incorportae technology in your class, especially with Generation Y!

Jae Gruber

In my classes I give the students to opportunity to use smart phones or tablets to take time and look up information or topics and then give a presentation to the class. Gives them the chance to practice online search techniques.

Michael ,

This is a good way to incorporate technology into the classroom. Many students want to use their technology devices, so rather than making the exclusion of such devices in the classroom a focal point, it is helpful to determine how they are best used in the classroom setting. Thanks for your idea!

Jae Gruber

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities