Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

pre testing

Pick a topic:I really agree that seems to work out will in most of my classes,I think this interaction is very helpful

I am really going to put some thought into trying this pretesting it is not something I currently do, but I would like to.

I agree. I would love to try and impliment this into my classroomm.

Hi Michele,
I think you will have great results if you decide to make pretesting a part of your instructional planning.
Gary

I like to see what type of experience the student is bringing to the classroom. This will assist me in focusing where the student needs to be at the end of the course.

Hi Don,
I think this is a very important part of showing the students application and relevancy. The more connection they can make between their life experiences and their course work the more engaged they will be.
Gary

this is also a good way to assess progressive courses and make sure students are retaining what they need to in each segment.

In one of the courses I teach, I use a pretest before our most difficult test then assess which questions were missed most, and where I need to review my course presentation and adjust the stressed areas. I have found that this not only increases the test grades, but increases their retention of the information.

I guess I had done this and didn't know it was a teaching tool!! When I teach Accounting 3, the first day, I have the students retake their Accounting 1 Final Exam--just for review to see what they remember. We all have a good chuckle, plus they get to see how far they have come in their educational process. I would like to do more of this pre-testing.

Sherri,
I am a big user of pre-testing in my courses as well. I like the way you used previous knowledge to build on the current course. It gave the students confidence in what they had learned as well as a wake up call on things they needed to refresh themselves on if they were going to be successful in Accounting 3.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Thank you Dr. Meers, you comments are always positive and motivating!!

Sign In to comment