Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Testing intelligence in a musical setting

i wonder if someone in this forum has a couple of good examples on how to test musical people and try to define their different type of intelligence.

Musical people are right brained,creative, and abstract thinkers.Linguistic and verbal write music,logical and mathematical refer to theory,Intrapersonal relate their feelings and emotions to interpersonal who relate to all other people,spatial bodily and kinestic relate music throught their actions while naturalistic is talent that is innate not learned.

I'm not sure of how exactly I could or would test musical people to define their types of intelligence, but I believe that actual background music aids in the learning process, especially during hands-on activities. I might consider myself to be a musical person, as I find that I operate in more focused, systematic function when performing tasks with music playing. Furthermore, I listen to music on low volumes while studying (while completing this course), creating lesson plans, performing daily activities around the home, or involving myself in in-depth hands-on learning activities. I think that if we provided background music on low volumes to students in laboratory or clinical settings, it would help to distract them from their own anxieties and focus on the task at hand. This is how it is for me, anyway! Also, it just makes things more fun!

Sign In to comment