Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

different media

using different media in lecture will help students learn

Hi Richard,
What some strategies you use when selecting media for your classes? How do you match the class dynamics with your selected media?
Gary

Hi Richard,

I have found that I like to mix the media formats as well. But, I like to have the learners select their prefered mode and then allow that group to do one activity while the other utilizes the media. The choice enables the learners to be accountable and responsible for their own learning. What are your thoughts on this?

Using different media in lecture is a good thing. It changes the activity for one thing as we know people can only do one thing effectively for a short while.

I like to go from the overhead projector to the dry erase board and back and forth.

HI

I would agree. I incorporate presentations with visuals, recorded audio as well as the usual reading and voice presentation. By offering a variety of mediums, the students can have the information reinforced and therefore facilitate learning.

Also most courses have some group elements as well. Discussion boards are required as to ensure student interaction with each other.

Jocelyn M. Dervis

I agree that mixing the media choices up in the classroom helps capture and retain a greater learner audience. In addition, it helps break up the monotony and has a tendency to spark interest in those harder to reach students.
Bruce

Sign In to comment