Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Advisory Board Recruitment and Engagement Best Practices

I created this discussion because although it's critical to continuously develop industry relationships and recruit employer advisory board members, it's quite challenging. I'm hoping other community members might have some best practices they could share on how they source potential employer partners, how they approach them, keep them engaged, and develop deeper relationships for internships (preferably paid), apprenticeships and other meaningful work-based learning experiences. Thanks in advance! 

Is Anyone Else Struggling to Deal with Recruiting CTE Teachers?

Hello everyone, my school district has had trouble over the last several years recruiting teachers. It seems the challenge has gotten worse since the pandemic and I'm wondering if anyone else is dealing with this issue and what tips you all may have for how to tackle it. Any advise would be appreciated. Thank you!