Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Internet Learning

Students really get creative through dynamic internet learning, it's what they know, so they immerse themselves in it.

Good point, Jonathan. So, if "immersed" what user skills will they need to succeed?

So, how do you integrate the creativity into the learning experience, Jonathan? I love your reference to "dynamic" as well. How do you sustain the dynamic qualities of the learning experience in your teaching and instructional design?

I do not necessarily agree with this statement. I am having to work much harder with blended classses to bring together the great divide between the middle and lower class students. While middle class students have tended to thrive in the online environment, getting a student with relatively little computer experience and almost no access to extra-collegiate computers to submit all of her or his work online is not always reasonable. Often I find very little regard given to either the learning style of the student, computer literacy, and the resources of the student.

I like the blended and online formats, I just understand that the methodologies have not yet been proven successful. I believe that we will get there in time, but I believe that we are diluting ourselves by stating that the blended format is as tried as face-to-face instruction alone.

I am not encouraging the discontinuation of blended courses, simply a healthy dose of objectivity regarding their value.

Aaron,

There have been numerous studies done that highlight the effectiveness of dynamic learning environments - and, of course, the emergence of those environments based on constructivist and progressive learning theories - blended can help bridge the realities of those students who don't have as much access as others to technology while at the same time provide an opportunity to use and benefit from the technology.

Dr. Ruth Reynard

Sign In to comment