This segment shows how a students attains phonemic awarness and how that translates into reading skills. Often times if a student doesn't have the skills to engage basic decoding strategies they will not be able to read the word properly nor will they know what the word is. This proves that the early stages of learning to read are so important and must have reinforcement at school and at home. Parents that read to their children even the simplest of books still can demonstrate phonics skill mastery that will help in future word identication and decoding.
I have learned how to teach students with learning disabilities.
I learned a differant way to consider a students unique cercumstances or abilities when teaching.
I learned how to Identify the techincal terms for the four different reading phases.
In the first module I learned the different stages of learning to read. Knowing the stages could help me identify students with difficulties and where those difficulties arise.
In the first module I learned some of the history associated with learning disabilities. I also learned about the process an individual goes through when learning how to read. I will use cognitively use this information when instructing students.
How to approach and teach disability students