Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

soft skills

I think that a persons soft skills help to manage the classes over all progression.

We need to model professional communication and problem solving for our students, so that they can learn from us in managing their own learning and life challenges. Over time they can learn effective communication and interpersonal skills.

I agree that more needs to be done in classes.  It's hard to change a persons soft skills but the more its mentioned, hopfully they will retain it!  I have been implementing soft skills into my lesson plans and any down time the students have.  I hope by doing little things it will make a big difference when they are out in the working, and that they think twice before doing or answering with an inapproptiate response.

i think a lesson on just what a soft skill is needs to be taught in the classroom.  Several of my students believe that having excellent clinical skills will make them a valuable employee. But it is so much more then that. I can teach them clinical skills but soft skills comes from maturity and an awarness of the benefit of acuiring them.

I agree that soft skills are very important to a person's progression.  In the carreer colleges, may of our students do not understand the importance of soft skills. These also apply in the classroom, more than just the workplace, they are important in life!

Reply to Diana Cook's post:It is difficult but I agree with your coment , changing negative experiences to positive personal growth will teach many students how to manage themselves in real field...

I agree it is easy to teach them clinical skills, but soft skills comes from being an adult and changing negative experience to a positive personal growth, and seeing the benefit of practicing their soft skills making their life easier.

Sign In to comment