Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Writing is Key to Student Success

The course discussed writing as the foundation of students learning style and critical thinking. If a student can develop their writing skills and have them critiqued then they will become better with communication. Communication in the professional arena is an area that is in need of improvement. As an instructor we are the resource and critic for them to practice and perfect their skills. 

Need of adjusting your "generic soft skills" to each "specific environment"

To me as a teacher, it is paramount that it is not only necessary to "have" or perform these "generic soft skills", but also quite important to adjust those "personal abilities and attitudes" to each specific environment.

In this regard, I would define the "environment" as the students -and everything related to their educational capabilities- and the teaching conditions in which you deliver your classes.

I truly believe it is quite important for a good teacher to successfully identify and quickly analyze the different key aspects that involve and have an impact on both, your students and learning and teaching… >>>

Improving Soft Skills through Emotional Intelligence | Origin: ED115

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Soft Skills for Instructors --> Improving Soft Skills through Emotional Intelligence

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Soft Skills for Instructors | Origin: ED115

Soft Skills for Instructors

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Can not rest final quiz ED115

I can not reset the final quiz for a second retrial because there isnoreset button  showing. How can Iproceed or unenroll in ED115 to do it all over again.

Fostering Soft Skills in the Classroom| Origin: ED402 - ED403

Fostering Soft Skills in the Classroom 

Supporting Computer Literacy | Origin: ED205

Enhancing Students' Professional Skills --> Supporting Computer Literacy

Supporting Student Professional Growth | Origin: ED205

Enhancing Students' Professional Skills --> Supporting Student Professional Growth

Teaching Personal Interaction | Origin: ED205

Enhancing Students' Professional Skills --> Teaching Personal Interaction

Writing Across the Curriculum | Origin: ED205

Enhancing Students' Professional Skills --> Writing Across the Curriculum

Teaching Professional Skill | Origin: ED205

Enhancing Students' Professional Skills --> Teaching Professional Skill

Flipped classroom- how to grade students performance and knowledge

I consider, how might I transition to a flipped classroom form of instruction? It seems a bit daunting.  I would start with a lesson I currently teach that has poor results.  I will make changes to the pre and during class lesson objectives and activities.  I need to identify how to grade the pre and during class activities, to ensure that my grading is objective,not subjective. 

I would be interested in hearing from others how best to weight the grading in this style of classroom.  

learning from others

I always try to be open to other points of view.  I feel you can alway learn SOMETHING from everyone -students, personel, instructors.

If I can learn one new thing a day...it's a win.

Having said all that - I feel we need to bring soft skill values to the classroom for our students to learn.  They lack soft skills..maybe life experience may help, but I would like to be a failitator to help them learn a positive outlook, integrity, and the value of being a team player.

Debi

Positive feedback

I believe giving feedback is very important in the classroom. I try to give positive feedback as much as I can because we also need to encourage our students to want to continue learning.

EQ-IQ

Was a very inlightening course

Correcting Writing Slowly

I liked the point about having stsudents work at corrections slowly. So in each assignment it is not needed to shjow them everythig that needs to be fixed or improved. Work at a few things each time - slow and steady the skills will improve. 

Soft Skills

So necessary for teamwork.

Moivational speeches

I think thru motivation and example studenst get to appreciate The class room. I make them share personal stories and then motivate each other for support.

students teaching

I like the idea of having students teaching the class.  We actually have a class where the students each get a topic,make a power point and teach their classmates, this helps in the interpersonal, verbal and non verbal communications

Writing

Learning  to write never ends. In clinical setting, we encourage students to write their care about the patients using medical terminologies learned, correct spelling, correct grammar and sentence structures. We validate the progress notes and documentation of care tomake sure  that those documentations are what they meant to say and valid to patient's plan of care. Most of the time I find it difficult for them to write  appropriate plan of care for each patient's condition .