Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Guided notes

I like the idea of guided notes. Students seem to retain information that they figured out on there own. Rather then just telling them what to right down.

Adam,
This is such a stress reliever for students as they help them to identify the key concepts and get them in their notes. This way they have more time to reflect on what is being covered and why it is valuable to them.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I agree with Adam,students really like the guided notes.They can quickly compute the content of the lesson,by identifying the key concepts.Then write the knowledge they have learned into ways that they understand.

I believe guided notes are a great training aid for students. It also gives you the instructor a good idea of which students want to put in the extra effort.

Guided notes seem better than just power point handouts. Students still need some help with what is actually key from the lecture especially if the instructor is infusing the lecture with more information than what is on the slides.

Debbie,
This has been my experience in using guided notes. They have more value to the students and they require that the students do some thinking about how to complete the notes as well as focusing on the keep concepts they need to remember.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Guided notes work well and are used quite a bit in most schools and even church's! We use them to help students remember programming codes.

Kurt,
Right you are. They have so many applications in so many different settings. They help us to stay involved in the delivery process as well as involving us in the tactile process of writing content down. Both help in our storing this information in our memory bank.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Guided notes have been probably the most effective tool I have used to retain information. Good to see that others also see them as effective.

Hugh,
This has been my experience as well. They are great tools for enhancing the knowledge and retention of students.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

This is a great idea. I plan on using it for my next lecture.

guided notes are a good learning tool. The use of outlining what you have learned is important to keep information organized

I really believe that guided notes can help our students when they are following a procedure from start to finish. It will also help as a check list for them to note all the time.

Maria Estela,
I believe that as well and that is why I use guided notes in my classes. They become valuable to the students as they help them see what the key concepts are and how they contribute to the learning process.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I feel the use of guided notes is a tremendous learning tool for the classroom. The students are more attentive, ask more questions and are more involved in the process. The feedback is instant and a great tool for the review process. My preparation keeps me grounded and focused, I can add or remove content with the current class makeup.

This learning module was very helpful to me. When I was a student, I felt that I missed "listening" because I was so busy trying to write everything down. Receiving guided notes from an instructor takes out a lot of guesswork and missing major learning points. I will utilize this in a subject that seems to confuse students greatly!

Mary,
I know you are going to like the results you get when you use guided notes. They really help to zero in the students and assist them as they record the key concepts.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment