Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED105 Completion

Hello,

I just completed this course and found it to be quite interesting; as well as informative.  One that stood out in my mind was Module 4 - Creating An Evaluation System.  This module covered a wide variety of information on the the topic. The formative and Summative Evalluation was interesting.  I was aware of some of the information; however, not to the depth of the course material.  This is a very good system to use to dertermine and track what a student is learning while in their major career area of concentration from beginning to end.

I learned how to work with learning disabilites in students,  also using study groups.

I appreciated this module.  It allowed me to make the connection between training, instruction and learning and to realize it is a combination of each instructor's personality, style and means of delivering content and ensuring that the methods enhance the learning process.  I am an avid supporter of lifelong learning and know that enthusiasm is a key element in keeping students engaged. 

I think time and stress management is important. It has been preached almost to the extent of becoming a cliche. However, as much as we hear it, some individuals have surprisingly bad skills in the areas of prioritization or personal stress management. I have seen people respond to situations in ways that almost stress me out to watch. It seems like it would be very difficult to live in their shoes!

I have to agree that I learned to work with students that have a problem and use other teaching methods to make them understand.

I THOUGHT THE VERY FIRST PAGE ON ED105 WAS VERY INTERESTING WHEN IT WAS TALKING ABOUT TEACHING STYLES. I DID PUT A NAME WITH EACH DESCRIPTION  INCLUDING MY OWN . I WANT TO IMPROVE ON THIS I WANT TO BE A FAIR, PASSIONATE,FOCUSED, AND PREPARED. I AM GOING TO PICK OUT ALL THE GOOD POINTS OF ALL THESE STYLES AND REALLY TRY TO INCORPORATE THIS IN TO MY TEACHING STYLE

I also found it interesting about the different labels for different types of instructors.  It got me thinking about my instructors in the past as well as what type of instructor I am.  I also thought it was a great suggestion, that if you are a bit introverted to stand at the entrance door to your classroom and greet each student as they enter.  Another point that I am going to incorporate is to have my students write down on a 3 x 5 card what they think their strengths and weaknesses are, even though I verbally ask my students this question as a whole, but I think it will be interesting to see individually what they say to see if there is any correlation among the class.  Overall, I got some tips from this course, and it certainly gets you to think about things.  That's always good. 

I really enjoyed this class.  All the modules had lots to offer me to become a better person, as well as a better instructor.  I will be applying several ideas when we get back from break on 10 Jan.  I even started a daily journal.  I have already started that in hopes that it will be helpful for prep info. in terms to come!!  I'm excited for this next term as I have knew in it to expand the students and increasing the standards more!!!    Happy New Year everybody!!!!!!

I learned about selection of appriate media and its application.

In working with students who have some learning difficulties, it's imperative to rely on other types of teaching methods in order for them to get a better understanding of the course.

studing this class I learned how important it is to treat each student equally and fairly.

I really enjoyed the course and have learned a lot from the modules. I plan on using the information I have learned in preparing new course materials and when revising older courses. I found the information on reaching students with different teaching styles and also using the activities / hands-on to help engage our students fully into the material being covered. I hope to see  better student retention in class with the implementation of these ideas into the classroom and class material.

I definitely agree. I learned a lot of great techniques that I can use in the classroom. The facilitator even offered advice in one of the forums. He said that if you pause during lecture you can ask a student to summarize what was just discussed. I think this is a great idea to include students in participations and to keep them focused.

Sign In to comment