Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED310. Medical Terminology New Strategies

I just wanted to recomend you this online course which give you not only ideas for the health classes but also give you the actual new class activities already set  for the Medical Terminology in the way you just have to print them and apply them inmediately; so you do not have to even invenst time doing them. 

It will help you for any other health class you teach as well. Even the activities are already set just for Medical Terminology, you could take the amazing different ideas they give and apply them to any health class.

I enjoyed this course deeply.

I also wanted to give you my own experience so far:

For dental anatomy as well as Human Anatomy I try to reach all kinds of learners by:

1) I almost never do a Power Point Slide with just typed words; I always add pictures next or below the typing words. Of course, the pictures must be related to the concept presented. In that way I reach the visual.

2) While lecturing, I reach the auditory learners.

3) I encourage students to take notes which will benefit all my students to get a long-term memory memory as well as writing will benefit Writer words learners.

3) Right after 10-18 minutes of sliding presentation I do a drawing and coloring activity related to what I just presented as well as I give them real natural teeth and the bones from skeleton to identify structures, tissues, and bones to reach the kinesthetic learners.

But now, that I have been presented all of these new ideas to reach all the type of learner, I do definitively will use them as part of my regular classes. I am so happy to have read and learned those.

I am going to be teaching medical terminology in the fall.  I currently teach a health Occupations class.  I also use powerpoint with pictures on almost every slide.  The ppts that come with the book are very boring and each slide seems to be overloaded with information so I use them as a guide while I make my own but don't show the premade ones to the students.  My students love to color and draw (high school) so I also try to incorporate that into the class when I can.  I enjoyed this class and hope to be able to use some of the activities we covered.

Hi, I just finished the ED310 course and I am really gld it was offered. I am teaching this class for the first time and I am very nervous about it. I am really very happy with such concrete instruction on how to do something that sounds so completely foreign and potentially nerve wrecking. I am grateful for all the activities and ideas presented in the course. I am looking forward to putting the tools I have learned about into place and I really appreciated ac  class and materials.

Sign In to comment