Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Not alone

As a new instructor, the best thing about this course is knowing that I am not alone in my journey. All of my fears, concerns, mistakes, and experiences are normal! I feel more confident my growth as an instructor of adult students.

Lisa Benavidez

Whether a new instructor or one that is seasoned, we all experience moments of complete exasperation. Each time we meet a new class we have to wonder how will it go? Who will be our star students? Who, if anyone will be a challenge? Always be confident in your abilities and your talents. The best start to being a great instructor is to vision yourself as one. The rest will flow based on your preparation and attention to detail.

Good Luck!

I totally agree with you Lisa! It is definitely a challenge being a new instructor. Having these activities is a great way to enforce what we have already learned through trial and error. I wish that I had this training when I first began teaching two years ago! I also find that your students really do appreciate when we laugh at our own mistakes. Learning their names also is a must! When you can call on them by name, and also meet their eye, they realize that you really do know who they are! When they realize that you do know who they are, I find that they come to you more readily with any questions or concerns. If they see that you appear to be confindent in what you are talking about, they also seem to make a better attempt at learning the materials.

Sign In to comment