Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Groups in the Online Enviroment

How have groups in your online enviroment worked? Are you able to get the same benefits as you would in the classroom?

I think that groups online can work fine.  The thing is the members must work in tandem.  They have to communicate what has to be accomplished and then systematically work on it.  They should all trade phone numbers and maybe set up a skype type connections to coordinate and assign the tasks fairly.

Ed Goold

Groups need to have a learning charter as a guide so they can work through challenges that come up during the class projects.

Thier must be guide lines but also a go to person,even if it is the teacher. We must always be willing to learn from our students this will teach us to listen.

I have worked in both online and classroom and I like the interaction with being in the classroom, students will really keep you charged.  When you have a student that's not so sure put them with a mentor student.  If you have a go getter give them the room to go - make them a mentor.  Be yourself and you will go far if you know what you are doing.

We offer a program with an online component and a practical/classroom component.  I like it better than the traditional classroom style.  Students show up better prepared after the online class because they can't move forward in the program without completing some steps alond the way.  When they show up for the practical application, they are more prepared than they were with the traditional classroom style.

I love the online courses way better than the classroom style. I have taken many in my time and I find no better way to take a class then onlone. Not sure if I would enjoy a class room anymore. Love on line!!

Working in a group online has its challenges as does any group project. However, one has to be more proactive when being graded as one unit. We also have to make sure our wording via the portal is receptive and not perceived as being something it is not.

Even though my group is composed of members from varied cultural backgrounds and many miles distanced to each other, we have managed to stay close in contact with one another, engaging each other in thought and understanding that there is a difference among us.

Sign In to comment