Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Leadership Legacy

This course offered some very interesting discussions and perspectives as it relates to specific challenges through the eyes of William Bowen's book. I have always been concerned with the college completion rates based on the number of students that leave their High School experience and go off to college, only to find out that many are unprepared and many end up taking remedial classes that don't count towards their required credits and pushes their graduation date back by a semester or more. This only adds to the frustration and the completion rate. I totally agree with the statement that if the appropriate amount of funding were to be made available to the middle income population, that particular group would significantly impact the total number of graduation. Having a passion for Career Education and spending over 25 years working with "hands-on learners", I'm not surprised by the number/percent of students that graduate from Career Institutions. In my position, I am confronted with the "Regulatory Challenges" daily and I also find difficulty finding qualified personnel to fill are open positions. This course provided me the opportunity to reflect on my attributes and begin to define specifically what I want my legacy to be. Great information and strategies were presented.

Sign In to comment