Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructional Framework Meaning | Origin: LC151

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Alternative Teacher Assessment --> Instructional Framework Meaning

Take a few minutes to post your response and learn more from your peers.

One of the most widely criticized models in CTE is the Charlotte Danielson framework. While this framework has been used extensively in evaluating teaching effectiveness, it has faced scrutiny for its lack of flexibility and applicability to the unique requirements of CTE programs.

Neglecting the Diversity of CTE Fields: CTE encompasses a wide range of fields, from automotive technology to healthcare, and culinary arts to information technology. Each of these fields has distinct skill sets and industry standards. A one-size-fits-all approach, such as the Charlotte Danielson framework, often fails to consider these differences, making it ill-suited to evaluate and improve instruction across diverse CTE disciplines.
Disregarding Real-World Industry Practices: CTE programs aim to prepare students for careers in real-world industries. Traditional frameworks, like Charlotte Danielson, may not adequately address the need for instructors to stay up-to-date with rapidly evolving industry practices and technologies. This can hinder the effectiveness of CTE programs in providing students with the skills they need to succeed in their chosen professions.
Overemphasis on Pedagogical Techniques: The Charlotte Danielson framework places significant emphasis on pedagogical techniques and classroom management, which may not align with the hands-on, practical nature of CTE instruction. In CTE, students often learn by doing, and instructors must focus on creating authentic, industry-relevant experiences rather than conforming to a standardized teaching model.

I have learned promoting critical thinking is good to a point.  I think once a solution is reached then action needs to take place.  over thinking is contrary to production.

Being at a comprehnsive high school my CTE teachers are evaluated usaing the same observation tool as all other teachers. I am exctied to learn about a wide variety of observation models their pros and cons as well as how they can serve my teachers and students. 

Sign In to comment