Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Your Institution's Enrollment Agreement

What did you discover about the required way to complete the enrollment agreement? What changes will you make in the way you are performing this task?

We have been exploring ways to complete the enrollment agreement electronically so as to not require the use of a fax machine. I was happy to see that this is an acceptable practice.

Dan,

It definitely is, and is much easier too. We use this at one of our campuses, and it helps because all of the important information such as credit hours, length of program, etc. is pre-filled out. This can help eliminate the human error factor which can occur and really shouldn't on these all important documents.

Donna Guisado

It is stated that prior execution of the enrollment agreement- the student and institute has signed and dated the SPFS. We usually have the director sign everything after the student has completed enrollment. Then by the next class meeting give the student a copy of the enrollment agreement and SPFS. Can we have the director pre-sign these forms so we can give the students a copy on the same day as enrollment or is what we are doing acceptable?

Lore,

Great question. The School Performance Fact Sheets (SPFS) really must be signed and dated by the institution and the student before the enrollment agreement is completed. It would be best to give these all signed to the students prior to them starting the class.

The way you explain this in your post it sounds like the director is not signing them until the enrollment is completed. That is not what the regulation states.

I know it can be really tough to nail down a director to sign everything right at any given moment, so if they can sign them for you before the student arrives to the final enrollment appointment, that would meet the requirement.

Donna Guisado

I thought that the structure in which you are required to complete the enrollment agreement to be quite useful. I believe that following the guidelines will also relieve some of the anxiety that a new student may have while enrolling in a new college. This is definitely something that I will be happy to make changes to.

Ying,

If we always keep the student center of what we do, then the standards and guidelines will make perfect sense. They do protect the student, but they protect the school as well, if the school follows these diligently.

Great that you are on board!

Donna Guisado

I was very much satisfied in the discussion regarding the enrollment agreement and all the requirements therein. I feel that we are following all of the requirements very well and feel confident in our processes due to this course.

Jeff,

Doesn't it make you feel good to know that your organization is staying on top of the requirements like that? With so much bad press, it can become disheartening, but there are many schools out there who are really making a difference in our students lives.

Sounds like you are right there making that happen!

Donna Guisado

I have a question. It is required to indicate “total tuition due for the entire program” on the enrollment agreement. What about if a student obtains credit transfer subsequently, say a year after starting the program. The total tuition due is different now. Is it required to sign the EA again?

Clara,

This type of transaction would be reflected in the finance records of the student. The initial enrollment agreement would not be changed. As long as the records indicate (in your database system, etc.) that a credit was made, the initial document shouldn't be changed.

Donna Guisado

I feel that we complete the enrollment agreement appropriately based on the requirements. However, I did learn more about enrollment agreements for programs/positions requiring a license.

Our Enrollment Agreements are signed and submitted electronically as we are a totally online institution. I am usually not involved with the processing of the Enrollment Agreements when they come in, so I was not as familiar with it as I am now after reading up on requirements and after taking a really close look at ours. Not only just a "contract", but a great source of enrollment information for both the student and the university...very concise and organized well.

We have an Enrollment Agreement for each program. Now when I am instructed to enroll a new student in their Orientation Course, I want to look at the Agreement each time to keep the information fresh in my mind.

James,

Many of the state's and often the accreditation agencies requirements for an enrollment agreement are not only to provide information to the student, but to protect them...and protect the school as well. Interesting that your institution does this all on-line. I think many schools will go that way, as more and more lean towards offering online programs exclusively.

Donna Guisado

Sign In to comment