Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keeping up with changes

Discuss what methods are used to keep you informed about changes at your institution that affect your job as an admissions representative. What could make this process more effective?

When my insitution makes a change, the director or director of operations lets me know by setting up a meeting with all admissions reps to discuss the changes. I also keep up with changes by reading our institutions catalog every time it is updated as well as reading our policies and procedure manuals. I believe that my institutions process of keeping up with changes is great.

Cynthia ,

I agree with you! Meeting with the admissions reps directly is the best way to get information to you. And the fact that you take the time to read the catalog updates and manuals is really vital to your job function.

With the recent changes in our sector, and there have been many, are you finding that the meetings with your director of operations have increased? And when the catalog and/or manuals are updated, are you notified of this as well, or do you need to just consistently check?

Great practices already Cynthia. Thanks for sharing!

Donna Guisado

We have definately seen an increase in meetings since our rules and regulations have changed so much these couple of months and will continue changing. Admissions receives new catalogs everytime they are updated since we hand them out to our potential students before they enroll.

Cynthia ,

So important to keep those on the front line, admissions, informed and supported. Sounds like you have a great operations team that is really there to support you Cynthia.

Donna Guisado

The way "WE" could make this process more effective is by 1. Staff meetings ones a week.
2. Morning huddles 3. ALl Staff should be on the same page .

Martin ,

Great points Martin. All staff should be on the same page, and while it is up to your leadership to make sure that you have the correct information, you too must be willing to go out and find the material that provides you with information about the changes.

Donna Guisado

Our team discusses small changes in process or procedure daily during our morning "heads up" style meeting. Significant policy changes are distributed in an email and discussed at an established meeting as often as appropriate. Each of our admissions staff are involved in keeping up with changes as they might occur within our regulatory bodies. Each of us distributes email content as we receive updates or proposed changes from management or corporate. We are all actively involved in the review or drafting of policy and catalog updates that affect our department, and proof all final changes each year before our catalog goes to print.

Gil,

It is impressive that your team is involved to that degree with reviewing and drafting of policy and catalog changes. This will most definitely keep your team informed and up to date on regulatory changes.

Donna Guisado

Setting up meetings and use of emails seems the way to go.

I wonder however whats the best resources to use to get this up to date information.

Victor ,

You can connect to the BPPE website and receive information emails from them about any changes. There are also many good publications made available that can help. If your school is a member of CAPPS, they have many good sources of information that help our California schools keep up with the changes. Your school is most likely nationally or regionallay accredited, and those agencies also can provide you with up to date information.

Connect to those websites for the best information.

Donna Guisado

A few good ways to keep up with changes are to become a member of CAPPS and also to view the BPPE website for changes periodically. One thing I have not yet figured out is, are changes made with any particular frequency or do you just have to check it every month or so?

Our admissions director does a great job of keeping us informed as soon as something changes. We have regular contact daily and well as weekly meetings to make sure everyone is updated.

Pegah,

This is great and speaks well of your organization! The BPPE website also allows you to sign up for notifications via email which is a good way to keep up. CAPPS is also a good source of information as is your particular accrediting agency. These agencies often publish bulletins or alerts that are quite informative.

Donna Guisado

Lore,

There is no particular frequency that I know of. The BPPE website does allow you to sign up for notifications via email which is a good way to keep up. CAPPS is also a good source of information as is your particular accrediting agency. These agencies often publish bulletins or alerts that are quite informative.

Donna Guisado

One of the things I am learning is to use the resources that are already in place. We have several representatives with many years of experience we can all draw from and using each other as resources is extremely helpful. I am also finding the CCRD information helpful.

johnny,

Have a good team surrounding you is the best. There is nothing better than having your peers keep you in check for what is best!

Donna Guisado

When my School makes a change, the director or director of operations calls in for a meeting with all admissions reps to discuss the changes. I also keep up with changes by reading our institutions catalog every time it is updated or by e-mail

Patricia ,

These are great practices, and being connected with your catalog is very important for you in your job.

Donna Guisado

At our institution we have weekly meeting the directers inform us of any updates or changes to any and all regulations. Our institution pays close attention to the BPPE and makes sure that all reps are informed of any changes made along with issueing new and updated catalogs.

Sign In to comment