Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I find it to be both favorable and not favorable.

It seems to make employee to stay so they do not have to be concerned with looking for a new job along with they have been stepping up to improve their performance in the income earning direction.

It also makes them complaisant when they are not busy with clients.

There is however more of the favorable going on.

Jo-Anna,
Based on information in the press, the economy has had a mixed impact on employee retention as you alluded for the reasons you mentioned. When faced with the possibility of looking for a different job in a down economy, the tendency is to "hunker down" and focus on the current job, like it or not. As you indicated this is both good and bad; however, in either situation, it requires a different degree of monitoring by the supervisor to ensure the productivity and quality of work doesn't deteriorate.
Thank you for your post.
Dr. Robert Roehrich

Using three concepts as a guide, employees are focused on purpose. They are seeking employment situations that are leading change, energized about a cause or simply helping others. In fact, experience with my team is the willingness to leave a more stable situation to be part of a purpose. As a leader and employer, I have aligned purpose as the primary message in our culture followed by people and profit. How are others ranking purpose, people and profit within their culture?

Mark,
The majority of rankings are purpose, people and profit in that order. However, depending on how candid people are and the level they are at within their organization, the sequence may be profit, purpose and people. Sadly, the latter has driven a number of companies within the sector into trouble. Your rankings are most appropriate and reflect a level of integrity in the manner in which you address your mission and the passion your employees have for their jobs.
Dr. Robert Roehrich

Sign In to comment