Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Finding the perfect employee

I am looking for a front desk employee and my question is, what would be a better canidate a trained set in there ways employee or a trainable employee?

Chris,
That is probably a flip of the coin. If he/ she is set in his/her ways, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. It all depends on whether that person's work habits appeal to you or are similar to the way you function. So much of it is dependent on the individual's work ethic, which is something you can get a feel for during the interview.

Dr. Patricia Kapper

A trainable employee so you can mold them into the position.

Leann,
Your response to this Forum is overly simplified and projects a misunderstanding of the topic. First, how would you define “trainable” and “mold-able”, is it a person who is subservient and obeys commands, or is it a person who only does only what they are told to do, i.e. non-thinking and robotic? The focus of this Forum is identifying the "perfect" employee; i.e. one who is a solid contributor, an active participant in accomplishing the mission and who contributes as a team player to achieve results. After years of experience in leadership, I submit that you cannot "mold' an employee into a position without negative consequences. Second, if you believe you are "molding" a person into a position, I assure you it will only be temporal and ineffective in the long run. I suggest you rethink your response and resubmit to this Forum.
Dr. Robert Roehrich

Sign In to comment