Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Delegating

Before I would live the motto of if you want it right do it yourself type of deal. I have noticed that I have a difficult time delegating assignments to my team in fear of the end results and having to correct the mistakes. I was not comfortable in checking on the assignment throughout the process since I did not want for them to think that I did not trust them but seeing the proper way to handle the situation does make since as a way to save time from more work at the end. I do try to delegate assignments as a form of training technique. I try to having traning sessions each week at which I will introduce the team to new topics that can be used within the department after these training sessions I will delegate small portions that will assist in them seeing the training up close in person. Delegating allows for the members to feel as though they have an importance in the department and also keeps them open to all aspects of the job duties.

It is very important to keep employees involved and informed. By delegating you give employees a sense of self worth to the organization. I can not think of a better thing a manager can do by delegation important task to those who work for him/her. Satisfaction within the organization will be assured.

Rosetta

This is so true. By delegating, employees feel they are a part of the decision process of an organization.

I am so happy that I found this Infromation. I am a Director and I was having trouble delegating.I walked in a position that judged me when I came on board and the team was not a team. Now that time has gone by I've realized that I never delegated task because I did not know who was really a team player. Things are better and I know this information will surely help me.

Sign In to comment