Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Employee diversity

It is really important to have employee diversity.

I agree. Diversity shows it's importance when learning to delegate the writing of job descriptions to promote qualifications of the "do's and don'ts" for job ownership.

I agree also. I found in management and business, that the best learning environment is when multiple people with various view points and strategies can bring something to the table.
It keeps ideas fresh and allows for a diverse forum to learn about ideas or ways to handle a situation versus depending on a singular view.

Not too bad; at least recognizes the need for diversity among staff & team. MRA program more effective in recognizing the individual's attributes such as "time teller" vs. "watch builder"; closure needs based on actual person; and ability to take on complicated tasks quickly, etc. e.g. Kirt, knowing Brock's profile is a (Group I) highly goal focused "authoritarian" type - AND that Brock also has an over-the-top quick intelligence as a high rate of learning curve, can delegate very broad and HIGH LEVEL tasks to him versus a Group IV type of profile like Betty's who requires much much more "closure" than Brock.

The point being that Betty (more of a 'watch builder') is just as valuable a team member as Brock in that once her (greater) "closure" needs are fulfilled she can handle many many detailed tasks over and over again with a great deal of personal satisfaction and feeling of "loyalty" for the organization; and while Brock (more of a 'time teller') is able to innovate and create large scale implementation; but will very much need Group IV employees like Betty to handle detailed, repetitive daily tasks.

So this is a BIG KEY to proper delegation and one of the main lessons in MRA: Executives and Leaders within an organization typically have LOW closure needs, so when they delegate in the spirit of the Golden Rule, (treating people as THEY want/need to be treated) frustration and failure can result when the person accepting the delegation has much higher closure needs than their boss/leader. Group I and III profiles don't like to be checked on; yet Group II and IV profiles need to be checked on regularly, which is part of their greater closure need. i.e. Regular dialog. This is tough for the Group I's and III's...being willing to spend the extra time and temporarily move out of their comfort zone to initiate extra & regular dialog for those in need. When Group I's and III's GET THIS, they can be outstanding delegators, and willingly participate because the overall success of the organization is at stake: something that hits one of their strong attributes...overall effectiveness.

Glen O'

Diversity is a great way to see the creative aspects of all employees.

Everyone has there own level of education, and understanding. And each team member has there strengths and weakness. By drawing on each member to be part of a team. It will allow you to build a great business.

WOW! Great post!

I like to have employee diversity on projects as it helps employe all ideas from a lot of different styles. Maybe make the project move faster.

Sign In to comment