Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Supervision Techniques

It helps to learn form all the managers you have worked with and incorporate some of those techniques in your style of management. If you can look at your own skillset and objectively assess your strengths and weaknesses, you can benefit by seeing how others have handled the areas where you need improvement. It also helps to remeber what motivated you and how you liked to be treated and communicated with when you were not a manager, and then treat your employees with that same level of respect and communicate regularly with them so they are not surprised or out of the loop when you implement policies and changes.

I've worked in many industries, jobs, positions and under many styles of managers. Over the years I've learned from all of them; good and not so good. I have also learned what I want to do and be as a leader and how to get the best response; be the most effective; provide the best service to others and the organization. In that regard, every experience, good or bad has been valuable in some way.

Sign In to comment