Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Theory is Great!

But in day to day operations I find myself keeping my hands on the projects to be sure they are done timely and accurately. Is there a balance that can be accomplished in smaller operations that may not be possible in larger corporate run operations?

Nate

Nate,
You asked, "Is there a balance that can be accomplished in smaller operations that may not be possible in larger corporate run operations?" Yes, management is a form of structured balance. The size of the corporation does not matter since the same management theories and techniques still apply.

There are times due to the environment you are in when one must pitch in with hands on participation. This should be the exception whenever possible.

Are you discussing more balance or trust issues?

Yes! I had the same problem of wanting to do everything myself to ensure it was done correctly! Instead, put your effort into training someone to do it correctly and effectivly. Although it can be hard to "let go" this allows you to free up time and focus on other areas of the business.

Sometimes you have to oversee "hands on" as the employees might need your knowledge to speed things along.

Sign In to comment